Where’s Mama Bear?

We have offered Model Magic clay, wood slices, and forest animals to the corner table. Children have created caves, lairs, nests, food, blankets and various other coverings for the animals. The bears have been of particular interest and have been having many family adventures, and at times have been up to some mischief. One black bear, who has a mouth that opens to show it’s sharp teeth has taken an active role in creating that mischief!

Ada  Where’s Mama Bear?  Margot Where’s the other bear that was black?  Ada  Here’s Mama Bear!  Margot No, that’s not Mama Bear, that’s a bad guy!  Ada Yeah, that’s a bad guy! Ada pushes the bear away. Thomas picks it up,This is my bear, ok? roar, roar, roar!  Ada It’s a bad guy! Thomas continues to roar and stomps the bear’s paws in the clay. He then makes a bridge for the bear to step across. Still, concerned about the whereabouts of Mama Bear, Margot wonders..Maybe she’s gone off to get more fish. Thomas responds, Fish! I don’t know any fish! But maybe..sometimes bears HIDE from people!  Thomas lines up more wood slices. I’m putting these on so the bear can hop across. Want some of these? Ada Yeah, we need some of these, right? So I can make a home for the bears!  Ada works on making a home and some food for the two small bear cubs. Margot, still concerned about the Mama Bear, makes protective coverings for the cubs.