Extended Day: Week 3

Building with Blocks

Lily  I’m making a floor.            Alex   Can I help you?  Do you want to make a farm?    Lily Yes yes!

Amelia  This blue part is water for my duck, and the green is grass for the horses.    Wesley  I’m making a balance thing.

Mika and Charlie feed the cows.  Nina makes a home for her animals and balances the sticks on top of each other to make an enclosure. Will plays alongside Nina and builds a farm with a similar structure.

Wesley These are houses, and this green one is a house too. No it’s not. It is the chimney!

Mika  I am making a really long roller coaster!   Now I’m making a slide. You go up, up  and then down.

Will builds a road and then his bird takes a trip!

Caring for Babies

Ellie Wesley, do you want to see how to cover a baby?   Ellie demonstrates her wrapping technique, as Wesley watches intently. Then he prepares the bed and rocks the baby.

Amelia develops a different way to rock her baby and then chooses a book to read.

Tea Party with Friends

Charlie matches the bowls with checkered napkins, and Suki prepares the tea. Then they take turns making different varieties of soup.

Nancy’s granddaughters, Brooksie and Posy, came for a visit on Friday morning. We had so much fun drawing, caring for babies, sharing snack and playing outside!