Week 13

Before Thanksgiving break we observed many bakers and cooks on the playground.

Cassie uses a cone to make her cake. Now I need the dirt for the chocolate on top.  Cassie gently pats the darker dirt on her sand cake. William comes along to see what she is doing. Then Cassie flattens her cake and laughs.  It’s all gone now!

We are making chicken and vegetable soup! –  Wesley       William observes the soup making and then announces I am making apple soup!

Stella, Makenna and Ellie work together to build a concession stand at a movie theater.  I’m making popcorn!  Ellie

A Walk to Secret Tree

We saw our shadows! So we tried out different positions and movements.

Stella and Makenna try different techniques to open the pods. I think it is all mashy inside, see Makenna?  Maybe we can pretend it’s baby food.  Stella

I’m going to get so many of them and give them to my whole family!  Ellie

Lily rests on the rock. This is a wolf.  It is a good wolf!   Charlie – Let’s pretend we are going to sleep on the wolf because we lost our house.  Lily – But I have a house!  The mean wolf died, but this is the nice wolf.   Ellie, Wesley and Makenna come over to join in the intriguing wolf play, even though there are various opinions about the safety of wolves.

Some Indoor Activities

We are making nests. The squirrels are getting ready for winter. They need to be cozy.  Stella and Lily

This is the road for only firetrucks.  Mine is the biggest truck ever.  We put out all the fires. –Jack     Charlie, Elliot and Jack join together to fight fires around the room.

Building railroads has required cooperation, listening to friends, planning skills and some trial and error. 

Puzzles

We notice that puzzles give children a chance to challenge their skills as well as a quiet time to contemplate.  We often hear. I want to do this by myself!     At other times, advise from a friend is welcome!

Children were quite interested in the new clock puzzle. While Wesley eagerly waits for his turn, he offers assistance to Ellie as he helps her count the numbers.

Kairan and Charlie work on two of the same puzzles, and then Charlie demonstrates the figures standing position.