Gardens, Bunnies, Birds and Bees

Many children have been captivated while working in the miniature gardens. On a quiet table, facing the window, a child can either have a meditative time alone or  choose to play with another child. 

Two little bunnies are hopping around looking for some carrots. Do you want a bunny? Do you want a pokey-pokey?    Charlie N.

A pokey-pokey? Will

A porcupine!  Do you want it?  Charlie 

Yes, yeah, yeah, my garden growed. I got a purple cabbage! I have two carrots and grapes.  Will

Yeah! Yeah! I grew some cabbages too!  I grew cucumber too. Everyone has different things in their garden!   Charlie

Now I have to dig the soil.  Will digs in the soil to harvest his vegetables.

The bees are collecting nectar from the flowers. I have some carrots growing too.  Weston

Now I want to put out my soil with a rake and a shovel too.  Julia

Oh corn, pumpkins. There isn’t anymore corn.  Weston

That’s ok. I’m glad you didn’t take the brussel sprouts. Brussel sprouts are my favorite!  Julia

On our table with balancing games, we added some birds. After balancing on blocks and other items around the room, the birds started to balance on unexpected places!

After watching Wes balance  the bird’s beak on his nose, Wesley gives it a try. First he tries his nose,  his head and then his finger!

Wes experiments with how long he can balance the bird. Later on, Tait tries two birds at the same time. Trickier still, Tait tries walking slowly, while balancing the birds on his fingertips. 

Kaya and Mark create environments for turtles using Model Magic clay. Their main theme revolves around turtles hatching from eggs and creating a safe home for the  newborn hatchlings.

I’m making a bridge, so the turtle can walk across.  Charlie

Can mine walk across too Charlie? I can make another bridge to connect mine.  Miles

Yes, lets connect them!  Charlie

With the sun coming out and the temperature rising, Caroline has something on her mind!

It’s a giant ice cream cone!!!