Studio Purple Happenings, Week of May 11-15

Hello Everyone!  We had another round of very fun small groups together!  We enjoyed seeing how everyone came ready with their clipboards and how you spent time drawing while we talked a little about Hope and Wishes and that fun flower, Dandelions.

We were curious about your thinking around Hope from our last small groups and it was interesting to think together about how Hope and Wish could be a little alike.

Is Hope and Wish the same?

(shaking his head yes) “Because Hope is something…is like…Hope and Wish, I wish and hope for something.  Like hope.” -Alex

“No.  Hope is when you hope something is gonna happen like I can hope I play with someone.  Wish is…I wish I can go and see my friends again.” -Kyla

Nancy, who joined us, offered that  she noticed when Alex was explaining he brought his hands together as if connecting.   Hope and Wish connected, same.

“It’s something you wish for.  I hope I could do something.” -Tessa

“I wish for…I really wish for a truck.  A long combination trailer with 5 in the front and 10 in the back.” -Jack

“I hope when I come back to Lincoln Nursery School I can play with my friends.”  -Emma

“I wish I could go on an airplane” -Charlie (he had drawn this with 3 figures shown in the airplane windows.  He held up his clipboard to show us this drawing.)

(This inspires Tessa who also quickly draws and holds up her clipboard.  She drew a large circle with diagonal lines slashed across the inside of the circle)  “I hope to be on a planet!”

We’ve noticed over the years how many of us are drawn to these common flowers found dotting our lawns and fields.  Very often their end stage makes us want to make a “wish” by blowing them away!  These plants love that about us as it helps them spread far and wide!  It was fun to hear your thoughts after watching our video of this plants’ life cycle!

“It’s a dandelion.” -Charlie Menke

“I saw that the dandelion was turning into a wish and then the wish went away.  It became just a stem.” – Tessa

“You can plant it!” -Johann

“The black things on the bottom are seeds.” -Luke (Johann’s brother)

“So it goes up like that first…” (Alex watching the video)

“It was opening and the fluffies opened.” -Kyla

“First it looked like a flower.  First it was a different flower and then it became a dandelion.” -Alex

Mika mentions it was “going.”  to which Zack adds, “The wind was blowing!”

“Or maybe someone was blowing it!” -Alex

“It became…it became another kind of flower and then the dandelion disappeared.” -Zack

Mika drew and then shared,   “Dandelion.  Seeds on the ground then more dandelions.”

What did you notice or see when you discovered these flowers in your yards?

Using your clipboards, how did you show us?

"Bright morning and dandelions."
"The wind blows at it and the seeds fall in the ground. Then it rains and new flowers come up."

——————————————————————————————————————————————-

Some more happenings for us!