Week 7

Playground Explorations

Sandcake baking, cheetah prowling, log climbing, game making, trip taking…and so much more!

Emma and Victoria are so thrilled to play with Cadence and Montana! They enjoy piggyback rides, wagon rides as well as conversation and laughter.

Lily grabs onto the log and uses it as a slide over and over again. Her coat makes it extra slippery!

Travers balances on the board and then explores different balancing techniques.

Lunchtime Conversation

At lunchtime, children have a chance to get to know children from other studios.  Some conversations revolve around sharing preferences, as well as noticing similarities and differences.  Other days, there may be very exciting conversation around a topic of shared interest, such as storms!

Look what I have that is so yummy! Jam and yogurt, cherry jam.  Makenna

I have a cookie, it’s my dessert.  Lily

I have a Halloween cookie, but that’s for the end.   Ellie

I have jelly and sunbutter.  Stella

This room is a little more echoey. More echoey than Studio Red.  Caroline

An echo is sound that travels far.  Jackson

Yeah, when you say echo it says the same word out loud.   Kaya

Oh yeah, it does, when I say echo it says echo.   Travers

When my electricity went out , I was like  “Oh a ghost! Get me out of here! Get me out of here!”  Caroline

Why don’t you tuck your head under the blanket like me, because I’m creeped out of the dark.  Travers

Then my Mom came in and my light came back on!   Caroline

I have a BIG night light. When it was a storm night, my big nightlight went out! I am not afraid of the dark! One time I closed my eyes and nothing happened!   Thomas

I am not afraid of the dark, but my sister is and she’s older than me. But lightening is very dangerous! If lightening struck you then…  Kaya

Yeah, lightening hits trees and then it’s on fire!  Travers

I don’t go out in storms!  Thomas