A Letter From Blue Bird

Dear Studio Blue,
I’m Blue Bird – remember me? I’ve been watching you read a book.
It’s called “A Good Day.” I love this book.

But then, little yellow bird forgot all about his feather and flew higher than he ever had before.
That happened to me, too.
One time I dropped a tail feather, and I was sad. It was a bad day. But then I forgot all about it and flew higher than I ever had before.
Then it was a good day.

Some animals have problems in this book. Remember little yellow bird? She lost her favorite tail feather.
She looks so sad.

And all your birds got to drop their tail feathers and fly higher than ever before. They forgot all about their feather, just like yellow bird.

And remember the girl at the end? She found a yellow feather. She tucked it behind her ear, and she ran to her daddy. She said, “Daddy, Daddy, what a good day!”

I wondered, why did that girl have a good day? Cassie, you said it was because she found a yellow feather. I think you’re right.

But then I noticed something. I noticed that all the animals in the book had problems:

Little white dog got her leash all tangled up in the fence.

Little orange fox couldn’t find his father.

Little brown squirrel dropped her nut.

But what about the girl?
What was the girl’s problem?

I asked Mark to be the girl so she could tell us.
Her name is Grace. So Mark turned into Grace. Here’s Grace’s story:

Grace was on the playground. She had a pot and a shovel. She was putting sand into the pot. She was making a birthday cake. She found a leaf that was perfect for frosting. She put it on top and started singing Happy Birthday. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you – but then, the wind blew the leaf away!
Grace ran and ran, but she couldn’t get it.
It was gone.
It was a bad day. That was Grace’s problem.

The wind blew the leaf away…

But as Grace was running, she heard a sound. “Tweet, tweet!” It was the yellow bird, flying higher than ever before. And Grace pretended to be yellow bird. She ran and flapped and tweeted and flew higher than ever before, just like that yellow bird. And Grace forgot all about the leaf that blew away. And then she looked on the ground – there was the yellow feather!

She picked it up and tucked it behind her ear. And when she ran home, she said, “Daddy, what a good day!”

Grace asked us: Have you ever lost something? Dax, you said you lost your birdie under your bed. Alice, you lost your bunny under your bed. William, you lost your flashlight. Kairan, you lost a keychain. Sometimes we lose things that are special to us.

Then Grace turned back into Mark.
Now we know about Grace’s problem. We know how she turned a bad day into a good day.

I’ll keep watching everyone, because I want to know –
How do you turn a bad day into a good day?
Happy flying!
Blue Bird