“Cause it’s Minpins”

Coming to the end of our reading of Roald Dahl’s Minpins, the children wondered just how the Minpins would be able to visit Little Billy in his home.  While some of us contemplated how they would get to Little Billy’s house, others wondered just how they could get inside and up to Little Billy’s bedroom!

"So little Billy then the Minpins are climbing up the stairs to the window." -Hannah
"They would just use their suction boots to walk up or they could just climb up the house. and go through the chimney. That's my idea." -Spencer
"Guys! My Minpins climbing up the rope! Almost there!" -Ada
"These are the Minpin faces. The arrows are gonna help you do the rest. They go through that little crack...actually this one first (up arrow). They fly in with this bird and they would go through this little crack under the door (sideways arrow)." -Britton
"I think they're gonna take a bird there." -Quinn
"They use their suction cup boots to climb up but that would be a long way wouldn't it?" -Liam

Meanwhile on another day, Britton explores creating a Minpin forest at our light table.  She works carefully, creating trees and placing specific Minpins into those trees.  When she finished creating her playful world of Minpins, she drew it on a piece of paper, taking her time and allowing her work to guide her drawing.

“This is the sun.  These are the trees and they’re attached to each other.  Cause it’s a Minpin world so they can visit one another. This kind of sun is the perfect temperature for Minpins.  And it (the sun) is made out of trees and leaves cause it’s Minpins.”

Although our reading of Minpins is complete (they used their suction cup boots to climb up the walls in Little Billy’s house, by the way!), this story will live on in the hearts of our Studio Purple children.  The “magic” will live on as Roald Dahl had intended!