Wanna see my pages?

Ellie is looking at her summer book. Kesler is nearby and she offers him an invitation:

Wanna see my pages? 

Kesler accepts this invitation and joins Ellie in this activity. They stand together and look through her book for a bit. 

Both Ellie and Kesler go off to engage in other activities. Ellie has brought the rocking chair over in between two shelves and she is giving out candy (puzzle pieces). Kesler finishes in the block area and notices Ellie. He then finds his summer book and sits down on the floor next to her.

A few seconds pass and Kesler gets up, walking away. He looks around the room, still holding on to his summer book. Kesler picks up an empty chair and carries it back over to Ellie. He arranges the chair so it is lined up right next to the rocking chair. Kesler sits down in the chair and opens up his book so that Ellie can see his pages.

Ellie seems to recognize that Kesler would like to now share his book with her. She stands up and puts the puzzle back on the shelf. Before she sits back down, though, she carefully pulls the rocking chair closer to Kesler. Ellie sits back down and gives her full attention to Kesler and his summer book.

Kesler: And Maris, Maris, look at this…like this…look. see Maris?

Ellie: Maris?

Kesler: With a hat.

Ellie: Is that Maris?

Kesler: Yea.

Ellie: Your dad?

Kesler: No. Maris.

Ellie: Your dad?

Kesler: No. Maris. Maris.

Ellie: I don’t know Maris…who’s Maris?

Kesler: My auntie. And the end. That’s it.

Ellie: Wanna see my book?

Kesler: Yea.

Ellie: I was wearing my bathing suit. Do you know why I was wearing my bathing suit? Do you know where I was going?

Kesler: No.

Ellie: I was going to the door and then I was walking and then I was going there and there and there.

Kesler: You are under water?

Ellie: I am.

Kesler: All by yourself?

Ellie: I am. I don’t need some help

Kesler: Why?

Ellie: Because I was being all alone and I was going to the beach and I was going there…and I was going to the other beach…

Ellie and Kesler communicate with each other through movement, body language and spoken word. They enjoy each other's company throughout the morning and come back together, again and again. Ellie would call out to Kesler when she wanted to show him something and Kesler would do the same with Ellie.

This must have been a good feeling to each of them, as they wandered away from each other again and again, joyfully rushing back upon hearing their name called, almost like a game; a game which certainly brought big smiles to each of their faces.