Studio Blue 2018-19

Cameras

Chris has been taking pictures of people with his camera for much of the year, and we saw new interest in this recently. Chris said

Read More »

Jabari Jumps

A new book in Studio Blue, Jabari Jumps inspired many play scenarios this week. First, using their birds and then using their bodies, some children

Read More »

My Baby Came.

Kesler, do you want to tell us what happened? My baby came. Is it a boy or a girl? Boy- Girl. It’s a girl. Do

Read More »

This is snow

On Tuesday, some of us were invited in to Elliot’s imagination. Over the next few days, we went on a journey together, up and down

Read More »

I’m Grumpy

The children continue to think about faces. We see this when they work with pencil and markers, with playdough or felt, and often in the

Read More »

Bird Playground

We raised up the platform with holes in the bird area and added half-pipes underneath. It’s not unusual for children not to take to a

Read More »

Take Care of You

While reading A Mother for Choco one morning, a small group came together to share their ideas around a question. The question was asked of

Read More »

Look at my Face!

Coming back together as a group after a week away from Feb. break, reading stories with grown-ups is an activity that the children seem especially

Read More »

There’s My Birdie!

As the bird play in Studio Blue had dwindled recently, we wondered if opening up the area where our birds are kept might encourage the

Read More »