Fire Drill: Silver Car

On Monday, many of you were on the playground pretending to be firefighters and police officers, putting out fires and rescuing people. As you played, Diane and I thought you would like to see where we go for a fire drill. A fire drill is when we practice going to a safe place in case we ever had a fire at school. The safe place is the silver car sculpture, and we use walking feet when we go there because that’s what firefighters do. When they are in their fire station, they always walk, so they don’t trip and fall. When we got to the silver car we found out that we can’t touch it. We walked all around the car. Dax, you noticed Tires, have tires. The car does have tires! Kairan, you asked, Can it move? and Mark wondered, What do you think? Can it move? You said, Mm-mm, meaning no, but someone else said yes. You have different ideas. I wonder how we could find out if it can move. When Diane and Mark said We can’t touch it, you wondered Why? Do you remember why we can’t touch any part of the silver car? Then Augie, you looked underneath the car and soon all of us were looking under it. Will, you said you saw A engine. Then you said, And he can’t move with it down. Ahso you and Kairan both think the car can’t move. Kairan, you asked another question: Where is the music coming from? Dax, you pointed up high and suggested, Maybe up that roof. Then you pointed down lower and suggested, Maybe under that car. Cassie, you heard Dax, and had a different idea; you said, No, the window. Camden, you looked at the windows and said, I see trees (maybe you saw the reflection of the trees in the windows?). When Will wondered about another part of the car we looked at it and Dax, you thought, Maybe the bumper. When you looked at the back of the car and wondered, What’s this big piece?, Dax guessed, Maybe it, like, opens? and Cassie, you had an idea: The trunk.

We wonder:
Does the car that you came to school in have an engine? Does it have tires? A bumper? A trunk? A window?
Does your car play music?